- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the vegetables and olives.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Reviews for California Pasta Salad
"Made this exactly as written and took it to a potluck luncheon. It was disappointing to say the least! It was soggy and tasteless. It didn't look particularly appetizing, people took small portions and I sadly noticed a fair amount left on plates to be dumped in the garbage. My usual offerings have always been popular at potlucks. Can't say I was impressed."
"I LOVE this Pasta Salad! and so do all my friends! Someone always asks me for the recipe. I add an extra zucchini because I love it, and used 3 peppers in stead of two (no green ones). I followed the suggestion to use Ken's Italian dressing with Romano cheese and it was delish! Be sure to make it the day before like it says and you will enjoy every bite! I added chicken once and it was excellent!"
"Perfect as it, however I may add a few sliced pepperocinis the next time I make this to add just a bit of zing! Awesome meatless meal too!!"
"really good! you can adjust the salad ingredients to your families tastes. very very versatile!!"
"Great flavor and so easy to make. I didn't have zucchini, so substituted celery in its place. I also upped the garlic just a bit. Perfect salad with our sloppy joes. I could see adding cooked, diced chicken for a main dish salad."
"I wonder how this would taste if you added baby shrimp?"
"This is really good. beware, it makes a lot!"
"We've been making this for years only we don't add the seeds or the bell pepper. I like it best while the noodles are still warm. This dish reminds me of summer for sure."
"Family was not a big fan, but I thought it was pretty good."
"I made for a mom's meeting this morning and had a taste test after it was done and I really loved it. It was light and fresh tasting. Great recipe!"