California Kabobs Recipe
My aunt gave me this recipe years ago. When my boys were young, they weren't very fond of beef, but this was a sure way to entice them to eat.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add beef to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for California Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC