California Harvest Salad
This delicious recipe has an interesting combination of shrimp, fruit, noodles, onions and walnuts. People can't seem to stop eating this unique salad.—Clara and Don Laub, Fresno, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 cups leaf lettuce
- 1 pound seedless green grapes
- 1 pound seedless red grapes
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or sunflower kernels
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, grapes and shrimp. Break ramen
- noodles into small pieces (save the seasoning packet for another
- use); add to salad with the chow mein noodles, raisins, onions and
- walnuts. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 125 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.