- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt cranberry sauce over medium heat. Add
- gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Cool. In a chilled large bowl,
- beat cream and confectioners' sugar; fold 1 cup into cranberry
- To assemble, place 1 tablespoon of whipped cream in the center of
- serving platter to hold meringue in place. Top with a meringue
- shell; spread one-third of the cranberry mixture on top. Repeat with
- remaining meringue and cranberry mixture.
- Frost sides of torte with reserved whipped cream. If desired, a
- pastry bag can be used to decorate edges of torte. Refrigerate 6
- hours or overnight. Garnish with berries and mint just before
- serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 207 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now