When visiting our son in California, I sampled a delicious club sandwich. I came up with this recipe to capture the same flavor. One taste reminds me of that wonderful vacation. —Diane Cigel, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Featured In: Sandwich Recipes Across America
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard; spread on each slice of bread. On four slices of bread, layer the chicken, tomato, avocado and bacon. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as California Clubs in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p25
Reviews for California Clubs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2011
"This sandwich is amazing! So delicious! I used fresh hot rotissere chicken from the deli. All flavors worked well, will make again!"