- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 14 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple, grapes, pineapple, oranges, celery and cooked pasta. Chill until serving.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each lettuce leaf. Yield: 14 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for California Chicken Salad
"Really liked this. Great idea for a little ght summer meal."
"Recipe sounds good but the serving size is deceptive. If this is a main dish salad you would put more than 1/2 cup on a piece of lettuce. I think a full cup would be more likely so the calorie count would be double. Look at the picture...."