- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, 1-1/4 cups cheese, pimientos, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for California Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"Very easy to make and my family loved it. I substituted cream of chicken for the cream of mushroom, and extra sharp cheddar for the swiss as that is what I had on hand, and it came out great. I served over rotini instead of rice, but think I will try the rice next time. Will definitely make again!"
"This tasted good and was very simple to make. I did not serve with rice- it wasn't really all that saucy and is not needed. I also thought I had cream of mushroom soup in the pantry and all I had was cream of celery so I used that as a replacement. It tasted just fine to me, despite the replacement soup."
"My family loved this recipe. I will most assuredly make this again and again!"
"It's very easy & my husband really liked it. Asked me to make a double batch next time so he can take some to work. The swiss cheese gave it a really good ''different taste'' My dogs even liked the left overs. NO left overs for them"
"My family also loved this tonight. I didn't serve with rice as we do low card meals since my son is diabetic. This was great!! I also added green onions for more flavour."