"I love to try new recipes, and this chicken and vegetable combo passed my family's taste test," reports Debbie Kokes of Tabor, South Dakota. "If there are leftovers, I package them for my husband to reheat in the microwave."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, 1-1/4 cups cheese, pimientos, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as California Chicken Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p47
Reviews for California Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review