California Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, 1-1/4 cups cheese, pimientos, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for California Chicken Casserole(5)
Sort By :
My family loved this recipe. I will most assuredly make this again and again!
It's very easy & my husband really liked it. Asked me to make a double batch next time so he can take some to work. The swiss cheese gave it a really good ''different taste'' My dogs even liked the left overs. NO left overs for them
My family also loved this tonight. I didn't serve with rice as we do low card meals since my son is diabetic. This was great!! I also added green onions for more flavour.
I added some sauteed baby bellas and onions to it was great.
This casserole was very good. Very simple to make. This is a keeper. I boil chicken breast in water for 20 minutes. Dice the ckicken when cooled and vaccum seal and in the freezer they go for quick casseroles like this one.