California Cheese Soup
This quick and easy recipe will become a favorite in your home.—Darla Dockter, Fargo, North Dakota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 quart water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add next six ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender,
- about 30 minutes. Stir in soup and cheese; cook until soup is heated
- through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings (3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.