California Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 quart water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add next six ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in soup and cheese; cook until soup is heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 194 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for California Cheese Soup
"Love, Love, Love this! I actually got this recipe from a friend years ago and it is my favorite cheese soup!"