- 1 quart water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add next six ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in soup and cheese; cook until soup is heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for California Cheese Soup
"I have been making this soup for years! It is a family favorite and when I serve it to guests, they ask for the recipe! To make it a little more hearty, I sometimes add a can of chunked chicken. It adds great flavor and protein."
"Love, Love, Love this! I actually got this recipe from a friend years ago and it is my favorite cheese soup!"
"This is a great fall soup!! My husband loved it! We will certainly make this soup often, and I've already shared the recipe!"
"Very good soup. I used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and 2% milk Velveeta cheese. This recipe will be fixed regularly in our home. Thanks Darla for a great recipe."