This quick and easy recipe will become a favorite in your home.—Darla Dockter, Fargo, North Dakota
- 1 quart water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add next six ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in soup and cheese; cook until soup is heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as California Cheese Soup in Country Woman January/February 1993, p35
Reviews for California Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review