California Casserole Recipe
This colorful casserole is named after the West Coast, but it always brings appreciative oohs and aahs when I serve it to fellow Texans. It's compatible with a variety of side dishes.—Hope LaShier, Amarillo, Texas.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add noodles.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC