- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add noodles.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for California Casserole
Sort By :
My family loved this! Reminded my husband of a casserole his Mom use to make, so he really enjoyed it!
My grandmother has made this recipe for several years and we love it! It's always a hit with company too!
I made just a minor change by using shredded mozzerella rather than the cheddar. I also used fresh mushrooms and cooked them with the hamburger green pepper, onion mixture.My family thought it a hit and would like it again.
this recipe was okay i will make again but its not one the family gets excited about
My family and I didn't care for this casserole. We ate it, but I won't make it again.