- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as California Avocado Salsa in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p22
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for California Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012
"Simple and fresh. The red pepper adds a crispness that tomatoes alone can't deliver."