You can toss together Mrs. William Ellermeyer's salad in just a few minutes. "It truly represents my state, since avocados and almonds are grown in such abundance here," she notes from Walnut Creek, California.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as California Green Salad in Country Woman March/April 2004, p23
Reviews for California Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2013
"Add chicken cubes."
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
"Just lose the onions! Every recipe does not need onions."
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
"Just wondered if you could leave out the blue cheese or substitute something else."