To fire up the crowd, I pack these homemade crackers with bacon, pumpkin seeds and French-fried onion rings. Dunk them in picante sauce. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 3/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled french-fried onions
- Pico de gallo or picante sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first six ingredients together until blended. Add flour; mix until a dough forms. Stir in remaining ingredients except optional sauce.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a lightly floured glass.
- Bake until golden, 14-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. If desired, serve crisps with pico de gallo or picante sauce. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 dozen).
Originally published as Caliente Christmas Cheese Crisps in Taste of Home November 2016, p88
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Caliente Christmas Cheese Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review