- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, pour in egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs begin to thicken. Add tomato and pepper mixture; cook until heated through and no liquid egg remains, stirring gently. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calico Scrambled Eggs
Sort By :
"Delicious! My oldest son doesn't usually like anything with color in his eggs, but these he didn't mind! The dill changes up the eggs so much! Definitely making again!"
"These were good. Ingredients I normally have on hand. I really enjoyed the addition of the dill. I did leave out the tomato. My family enjoys them, but not hot."
"What was great about this recipe is everything in it I had on hand. We raise chickens and have a garden so this was easy for me to put together for the family. The spices in it definitely added an extra pop of flavor. Everyone enjoyed it!"