- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, pour in egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs begin to thicken. Add tomato and pepper mixture; cook until heated through and no liquid egg remains, stirring gently. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calico Scrambled Eggs
"I love egg scrambles, and this one was added to recipe box & is a keeper This was easy and fresh tasting. ! I added about 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar, or try adding ham & swiss."
"Hallelujah! A great, quick recipe that uses the last bit of green pepper and onion that I usually have sitting in my fridge. I didn't add the tomato to the egg scramble (cuz I usually have the luck of the sogginess), but instead I sliced cherry tomatoes in half and garnished with a bit of the salt, pepper and dill weed. What a healthy way to start my day!"
"It was hot today and I felt like something quick and easy, and this was it. These eggs reminded me of the skillets you can get at a breakfast place, and was a nice change from the everyday scrambled eggs. I personally think it needed a little cheese, but that's a quick addition!"
"Very good breakfast dish! The dill surprised me by adding to the over all taste. I really liked them"
"These eggs tasted really good. I was skeptical about the dill, but it wasn't over powering. The green peppers and tomatoes gave the dish great flavor. I will admit I added a tad more butter. I think butter and eggs go together like Lucy and Ethel. :)"