- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, pour in egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs begin to thicken. Add tomato and pepper mixture; cook until heated through and no liquid egg remains, stirring gently. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calico Scrambled Eggs
Sort By :
"What a delicious and easy way to dress up scrambled eggs! I enjoy preparing recipes that make the most of my fresh garden produce and this recipe does that well. I had only made half the recipe for the two of us; however, my husband cleaned his plate in a flash and would've eaten more. (He had to fill up on pancakes instead!) I'll definitely be making these eggs again!"
"I made this recipe this morning for breakfast and declare it a winner. So very good. I did pare it down for just the two of us and added shredded cheese just before it was done. Oh, my gracious, was this good! You can easily substitute ingredients and the suggestions are endless but it is delicious as written. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"tonight it was 90 degrees & I didn't want to spend a lot of time on dinner......so I chose this egg dish...it was delicious! I had not used dill in eggs before and it added a nice dimension..... might try some diced zucchini in the mix next time but it was a hit! Light flavorful, easy & tasty..I served it with toasted onion rolls.Will make it again for a quick meal!"
"Delicious! My oldest son doesn't usually like anything with color in his eggs, but these he didn't mind! The dill changes up the eggs so much! Definitely making again!"
"These were good. Ingredients I normally have on hand. I really enjoyed the addition of the dill. I did leave out the tomato. My family enjoys them, but not hot."