Calico Salad Recipe
- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 12 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups sliced green onions with tops
- 6 cups Miracle Whip
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 jars (4 ounces each) sliced pimientos, drained
- 6 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In large bowls or containers, mix peas, corn, water chestnuts and onions. Combine the Miracle Whip, milk, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Add pimientos and mix well. Chill for several hours or overnight. Before serving, add almonds and toss. Yield: 140 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 111 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Calico Salad
"Served many time at weekly church dinners actually one of favorites"