When our daughter got married, I took it upon myself to prepare all the food for her wedding reception. This make-ahead salad was easy to prepare and serve.—Meg Wilkins, Dublin, California
- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 12 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 12 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups sliced green onions with tops
- 6 cups Miracle Whip
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 jars (4 ounces each) sliced pimientos, drained
- 6 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- In large bowls or containers, mix peas, corn, water chestnuts and onions. Combine the Miracle Whip, milk, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Add pimientos and mix well. Chill for several hours or overnight. Before serving, add almonds and toss. Yield: 140 servings.
Originally published as Calico Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p54
Reviews for Calico Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Served many time at weekly church dinners actually one of favorites"