Calico Salad for Two
MY HUSBAND suggested I share this salad recipe. It's one of his favorites, which I created long ago in a moment of panic.
I'd opened the refrigerator to get out the makings for green salad and discovered I had only a couple lettuce leaves. The cottage cheese was a perfect substitute.
-Pat Wasing, Houston, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- Dash pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, celery, radishes, green
- pepper, pickle and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese) equals 54 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.