Calico Potato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 large red potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cooked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1. In a jar with a lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well. Chill.
- 2. Cube potatoes; combine with corn, carrot, onion, peppers and olive in a salad bowl.
- 3. Pour dressing over; toss lightly. Cover and chill. Yield: 14 servings.
1/14 recipe (calculated w/o added salt) equals 146 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Calico Potato Salad
"I make this salad each year when my garden provides all the vegetables needed. I love it and will make it again."