One of the nice things about this salad is how versatile it is. I've taken it to a potluck...to a square dance gathering...and to the field for my husband and the men during haying season! As part of a lunch, it goes well with cold meat, like roast beef, chicken or ham, and buns. We raised Limousin cattle on the exact quarter section where Barry's dad raised Black Angus for years. We don't have children—but two active bearded collies liven up the place plenty.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 large red potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cooked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- In a jar with a lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well. Chill.
- Cube potatoes; combine with corn, carrot, onion, peppers and olive in a salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over; toss lightly. Cover and chill. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Calico Potato Salad in Country Woman July/August 1993, p31
Reviews for Calico Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review