Calico Pepper Salad Recipe
You can pep up all sorts of events with the pretty salad Jennifer Mottashed of Simcoe, Ontario shares. "It's easy on the cook, too," she notes. Not only is it ideal for mixing up ahead of time, it can be size right for any gathering.
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow, sweet red and purple pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: one serving equals 68 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Calico Pepper Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC