Calico Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow, sweet red and purple pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: one serving equals 68 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Calico Pepper Salad
"I cut the peppers in bite-size chunks but followed the recipe other than that. Totally wonderful, crisp, flavorful salad!"