Calico Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow, sweet red and purple pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Calico Pepper Salad in Country Woman July/August 1995, p11
Reviews for Calico Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2012
I cut the peppers in bite-size chunks but followed the recipe other than that. Totally wonderful, crisp, flavorful salad!