You can pep up all sorts of events with the pretty salad Jennifer Mottashed of Simcoe, Ontario shares. "It's easy on the cook, too," she notes. Not only is it ideal for mixing up ahead of time, it can be size right for any gathering.
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow, sweet red and purple pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peppers and onion. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Calico Pepper Salad in Country Woman July/August 1995, p11
Reviews for Calico Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2012
"I cut the peppers in bite-size chunks but followed the recipe other than that. Totally wonderful, crisp, flavorful salad!"