Calico Pepper Frittata Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute. Pour into the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- 2. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are completely set, about 8-10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.