Calico Pepper Frittata
Her garden-fresh frittata has all-day appeal, says Loretta Kelcinski, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania. “I serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner with crispy Italian bread. It's made in a skillet, so there's no need to heat up the oven.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers, onion and garlic in oil
- until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute.
- Pour into the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. Cook until eggs are completely set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable,