- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set, pushing cooked portions toward the center and letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Calico Pepper Frittata in Country Woman August/September 2007, p36
Reviews for Calico Pepper Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2015
"Good flavour for this frittata. Next time I would use all eggs and no egg substitute. I found it took much longer than stated however."