Calico Main Dish Soup Recipe
Serve this hearty soup with a pan of corn bread on a cold winter's night—it'll warm you right down to your toes!—Josie Pritchard, Atkinson, Illinois.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 to 2 cups tomato juice, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the soup, water, corn, tomatoes, beans and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thin with tomato juice if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 279 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1193mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Calico Main Dish Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC