Serve this hearty soup with a pan of corn bread on a cold winter's night—it'll warm you right down to your toes!—Josie Pritchard, Atkinson, Illinois.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 to 2 cups tomato juice, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the soup, water, corn, tomatoes, beans and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thin with tomato juice if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Calico Main Dish Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p16
Reviews for Calico Main Dish Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review