A simple homemade Dijon dressing jazzes up couscous, dried cranberries and green onions in this tasty salad. We like it chilled or at room temperature. -Rosemarie Matheus of Germantown, Wisconsin
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the couscous, cranberries, celery, carrot, onions and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Calico Cranberry Couscous Salad in Light & Tasty October 2005, p33
Reviews for Calico Cranberry Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review