Calico Cranberry Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the couscous, cranberries, celery, carrot, onions and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Calico Cranberry Couscous Salad(6)
Sort By :
LOVE this recipe. I did add a pinch of sugar to the dressing. And I like to use pomegranate seeds along with or instead of the cranberries. Wonderful!
This recipe is delicious. Many people have asked for the recipe. It is different tasting from the standbys and a nice change. Thunder Bay, ONtario
This was one of those recipes I saw in the magazine years ago and thought the combination of ingredients was so bizarre I just had to try it. Well I'm glad I did, because it's been a staple at our house ever since. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this salad!
This was great, just a tad too much vinegar though. So I added a little more mustard. Next time we will know ahead of time to have less vinegar. This makes a real quick meal!
This is a staple in our house. I've been making it for at least 4 years! LOVE IT!
I feed it to kids all the time.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >