- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and peas. In a nonstick skillet, cook cumin and oregano in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture; stir to coat evenly. Stir in the beans, tomato and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Stir in cilantro. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Calico Corn Salsa
Sort By :
Me and my family loved this! I will definitely be making it again.