- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and peas. In a nonstick skillet, cook cumin and oregano in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture; stir to coat evenly. Stir in the beans, tomato and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Stir in cilantro. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Calico Corn Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p46
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Calico Corn Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"Me and my family loved this! I will definitely be making it again."