"A friend gave me the recipe for this colorful salsa...and when I took it to a luncheon, everyone loved it," shares Jennifer Gardner of Sandy, Utah. Double the ingredients for larger gatherings.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and peas. In a nonstick skillet, cook cumin and oregano in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture; stir to coat evenly. Stir in the beans, tomato and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Stir in cilantro. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Calico Corn Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p46
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Calico Corn Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"Me and my family loved this! I will definitely be making it again."