Calico Clams Casino Recipe
A few years ago, I came across this recipe in the back of my files when I was looking for a special appetizer. Everyone raved about it. Now it's often-requested dish. —Paula Sullivan, Barker, New York
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped onion, celery and sweet red, yellow and green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried parsley flakes
- 1. Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the clams and remaining ingredients; stir in the reserved clam juice. Spoon into greased 6-oz. custard cups or clamshell dishes; place on baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 165 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC