Calico Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup diced zucchini, optional
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings (10 cups).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Calico Chili
"Fantastic recipe that I make at the beginning of every Fall season. Even though it does contain chili powder, to me it is more like a soup or stew. The zucchini really adds great flavor and it does freeze well. You could add a side of French bread, but the stew itself is very filling."
"different has corn rice and zuc"