As soon as my husband tasted this tantalizing dip at a party, he suggested I get the recipe...not knowing I'd already asked the hostess for it! Attractive and zesty, it's one of my most popular appetizers.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat together the cheese, chilies, olives, onions, tomatoes and parsley until blended.
- Prepare salad dressing mix according to package directions; pour over cheese mixture and mix well. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Calico Cheese Dip in Country Woman November/December 2002, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Calico Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review