- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Shape into four to six oval patties. Grill over hot heat until meat reaches desired doneness, about 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan; simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with burgers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Calico Burgers
Sort By :
These are equally good served on buns with all the hamburger fixings. I like to add a few drops of Liquid Smoke to the barbecue sauce.