Calico Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, green onions, tomatoes, onion and red pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 123 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Calico Black Bean Salad
"Have made this recipe twice and compliments both times. My husband and I really like it. I would make it anytime at all!"
"Great Black Bean Salad, as there is only two of us, I only used one can of Black Beans......which was just great, very tasty, my husband would like more!"