Calico Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, green onions, tomatoes, onion and red pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 123 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Calico Black Bean Salad
"Have made this recipe twice and compliments both times. My husband and I really like it. I would make it anytime at all!"
"Great Black Bean Salad, as there is only two of us, I only used one can of Black Beans......which was just great, very tasty, my husband would like more!"