Calico Bean Casserole
To round out any fireside meal. Evelyn Pedersen of West Concord, Minnesota shares her hearty, meaty bean casserole. "Serve it with corn bread on a cold winter day," she suggests.Evelyn Pedersen, West Concord, Minnesota
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper
- towel to drain. Discard drippings. In the same skillet, cook beef
- and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Combine bacon, beef,
- onion and remaining ingredients in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.