- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons each salt, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rub ribs with garlic; place in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours. Cool slightly. Combine the seasonings and rub over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside 3/4 cup. Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning and basting with sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Calgary Stampede Ribs
Sort By :
"My family says these are the best ribs they've ever had. The sauce is amazing! They've asked for this to become our regular rib recipe."
"Used this recipe on venison ribs and it turned out great!"
"TOTALLY AWESOME!!! CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS RECIPE!!"
"Amazing!!! Incredible!!! I impressed myself with these fantastic ribs. I made them exactly as the recipe stated. My husband loved these. I will definitely be making these again!!"