Cake with Peaches Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- Additional drained diced peaches, if desired
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Cut peaches into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peach juice mixture, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the whipped topping and yogurt; fold in reserved peaches. Spread topping between layers and over top of cake. Garnish with additional diced peaches if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cake with Peaches
"I discovered this recipe more than 13 years ago on the back of the yellow cake mix I bought. I made it several times until I moved out of state and lost the recipe. I searched and searched and was very happy to have found it again. Every time I make this, it's a big hit. I make a little extra whipped topping for those who want to add a little more to their personal slice of cake. Make this easy recipe and people will think you're a culinary genius."
"So easy! Was very happy with the yummy outcome considering the easy prep."
"Great and moist my kids love it"
"This is a magical cake..."
"It was okay"
"Awesome Recipe!! Loved it.."
"The cake was moist and delicious. I added extra peaches to the batter. My whole family loved the light taste of the peaches. the whip cream with yogurt was a wonderful touch. We will definitely make this again."
"Lovely cake, will definitely make again. Next time I won't use so much peach yogurt (the topping wasn't firm enough) and/or I'll use a 9x13 pan and frost it in the pan."
"It's strawberry season in Florida. Did you try this with strawberries? May I ask how it was compared to the peach and your touches? I'm brand new to Taste of Home. Thank you!"
"This is luscious! In the summer, I use fresh peaches. I also use a cream stabilizer (Whip It) to keep the whipped cream from collapsing. Thanks for posting, Tamra!"
"this is a wonderful cake, simple to make and full of peachy flavor"
"Love it! So light and moist. The frosting is so fluffy and not overly sweet. My husband calls it refreshing."
"My daughter made this for my birthday and it is now the family "go to" favorite for all occasions!"
"Fantastic cake! So light and refreshing! Will try the idea to add 1 cup sour cream....can only make it better!"
"I am making it right now and it smells amazing!"
"I made this at work and it was well like . However I did add 1 cup of sour cream to the recipe"
"excellent cake! thak you! =)"
"Really good and so light! If I were going to do anything at all to this recipe it might be to add apricot nectar to the peach juice instead of water to make the 1-1/4 cup. I didn't do that, but that's an idea. Other than that, I made it exactly like the recipe and everyone loved it."
"Very nice and light! Didn't change a thing."
"I've been making this recipe for years-Using crushed pineapple and instant vanilla pudding and Cool Whip. Love the combination.Cherry pie filling and Cool whip with vanilla instant pudding works well too."
"Made this cake for a Church Brunch. Everyone loved it and there was not one crumb left. I used a Mango Greek Yogurt and mixed it with Cool Whip and some of the peaches and used the rest of the peaches for decoration on the topping. The topping was firm and held up well all the way down to when the last piece was sliced."
" Most 2 or 3 layer cakes can be made in a 9x13 pan. Even Bundt cake recipes can be done in the flat pans. If you still want to make it as a layer, just cut the 9x13 in half and stack the 2 layers together.
"I haven't tried this recipe yet. It seems like it would also be wonderful with mandarin oranges."
"I made this cake the other day but instead of using the yogurt, I used softened cream cheese with a bit of the peach juice beat in ... It made the topping just a bit firmer and was out of this world GOOD !!!"
"I Love This cake it is so moist and tasty.I did not add the extra peaches on top and I thought it was perfect."