Cake with Peaches
This springtime layer cake is peachy and creamy. My mom gets requests for this cake from my brother for his April birthday. —Tamra Duncan, Decatur, Arkansas
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- Additional drained diced peaches, if desired
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure
- 1-1/4 cups. Cut peaches into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peach juice mixture, oil and eggs
- on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into
- two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350°
- for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the whipped topping and yogurt; fold in reserved
- peaches. Spread topping between layers and over top of cake. Garnish
- with additional diced peaches if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.