Cake with Peaches Recipe
This springtime layer cake is peachy and creamy. My mom gets requests for this cake from my brother for his April birthday. —Tamra Duncan, Decatur, Arkansas
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- Additional drained diced peaches, if desired
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Cut peaches into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peach juice mixture, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the whipped topping and yogurt; fold in reserved peaches. Spread topping between layers and over top of cake. Garnish with additional diced peaches if desired. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC