Refreshing Cake with Lemon Sauce completes the delightful dinner. "This is a family favorite on hot summer nights," notes Claire Dion from Canterbury, Connecticut. Cream cheese, milk and pudding mix are all that's needed for the sunny sauce drizzled over prepared pound cake and topped with a few berries.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 slices pound cake or angel food cake
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Serve with cake. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cake with Lemon Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p14
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cake with Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review