Cake with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 slices pound cake or angel food cake
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Serve with cake. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without raspberries): 502 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cake with Lemon Sauce
"Didn't like it. Not near enough lemon flavor."
"This was very tasty but it does need to be thinned out a little with some more milk so that it can be drizzled over the cake..."
"This has a very light feeling to it. Perfect summer dessert. Slight lemon flavor. I personally would like slightly more lemon flavor. I am going to add more milk next time I make it as the sauce is a little thicker than I would prefer. Overall, though, it is very delicious and am making it again today."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.