Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1. Arrange apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and egg substitute; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and beat until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over the apples and spread evenly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 352 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler
"I tweaked this recipe to be gluten-free and it was delicious...I have to admit, I never tried the real thing, but I can imagine! The gluten-free version is at: http://palligator.blogspot.com/2012/02/cake-topped-apple-cobbler-gluten-free.html"