Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler Recipe
I was born and raised in the Midwest, and this sweet dessert reminds me of home. The kitchen smells wonderful while it's baking. It's done when you tap on the crunchy topping and it sounds hollow. —Dawn Ace of Berkeley, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1. Arrange apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and egg substitute; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and beat until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over the apples and spread evenly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 piece with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt) equals 352 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC