- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-1/2 cups fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- Arrange apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and egg substitute; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and beat until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over the apples and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p31
Reviews for Cake-Topped Apple Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2012
"I tweaked this recipe to be gluten-free and it was delicious...I have to admit, I never tried the real thing, but I can imagine! The gluten-free version is at: http://palligator.blogspot.com/2012/02/cake-topped-apple-cobbler-gluten-free.html"