- in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- fold into egg mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine flour and milk in a small saucepan
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to
- a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer (mixture will be very thick).
- Transfer to a bowl; press waxed paper onto surface of mixture. Cool
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in milk
- mixture; beat for 5 minutes or until filling is light and fluffy.
- Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Sprinkle
- with confectioners’ sugar. Combine strawberries and sugar;
- refrigerate cake and berries for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with about 1/4 cup strawberries equals 453 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now