Cake Mix Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Dressing up a boxed cake mix with peanut butter and melted chocolate chips is the secret to this super easy recipe. My daughter Delleen got this recipe from co-workers and then shared it with me.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Firmly press remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the milk, chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies pull away from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC