48 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 cup prepared frosting of your choice
- 1 package (12 ounces) each orange, pink and vibrant green Wilton candy melts
- Decorations of your choice: candy coating disks, jumbo sprinkles, candy-coated sunflower kernels, candy eyeballs, Twizzlers Rainbow Twists and Life Savers
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well. Shape into
- 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Freeze for at least 2 hours
- or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In separate bowls, heat candy melts in the microwave until melted;
- stir until smooth. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to
- drip off. Decorate as desired. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.