Cake and Fruit Kabobs
"I've served these fun kabobs at many parties," says Robin Spires of Tampa, Florida. "You can use any combination of fruits you like, depending on what's in season. The thick chocolate sauce has just the right hint of orange."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large red apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large green apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large firm banana, cut into eight chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh strawberries
- 8 seedless red grapes
- 8 seedless green grapes
- 3 slices pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine apples and banana; add lemon juice and toss
- gently. Thread fruit and cake alternately onto eight wooden skewers.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet chips and milk
- on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to
- 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in orange juice.
- Serve with kabobs. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.