Cake and Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 1 large red apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large green apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large firm banana, cut into eight chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh strawberries
- 8 seedless red grapes
- 8 seedless green grapes
- 3 slices pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine apples and banana; add lemon juice and toss gently. Thread fruit and cake alternately onto eight wooden skewers.
- 2. For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet chips and milk on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cake and Fruit Kabobs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.