"I've served these fun kabobs at many parties," says Robin Spires of Tampa, Florida. "You can use any combination of fruits you like, depending on what's in season. The thick chocolate sauce has just the right hint of orange."
- 1 large red apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large green apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large firm banana, cut into eight chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh strawberries
- 8 seedless red grapes
- 8 seedless green grapes
- 3 slices pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine apples and banana; add lemon juice and toss gently. Thread fruit and cake alternately onto eight wooden skewers.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet chips and milk on high for about 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cake and Fruit Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cake and Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010