Cake & Berry Campfire Cobbler Recipe
This warm cobbler is one of our favorite ways to end a busy day of fishing, hiking, swimming or rafting. Many times, Mom tops each serving with a scoop of ice cream. —June Dress, Boise, Idaho
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) raspberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-20 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- 2. Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and oil. Spread over pie filling.
- 3. Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 8-10 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- 4. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 342 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC