Cajun Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you like a sweet and spicy flavor profile, you'll get a kick out of Stacy Cox's sweet potatoes. The Palestine, Texas cook uses Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper to season nutrient-rich sweet potatoes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 208 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC