Cajun Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you like a sweet and spicy flavor profile, you'll get a kick out of Stacy Cox's sweet potatoes. The Palestine, Texas cook uses Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper to season nutrient-rich sweet potatoes.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Sweet Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 2006, p40
Reviews for Cajun Sweet Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Cajun Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >