Cajun-Style Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut roast in half; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, celery, onion, tapioca, garlic and salt; pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice.
- 3. Freeze option: Remove beef, vegetables and juices from slow cooker; cool slightly. Slice beef; transfer all to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a Dutch oven; heat through. Thin with beef broth if necessary. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,336 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Cajun-Style Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.